Saturday, November 14, 2009

The constant presence of Mark Sheppard

Mark Sheppard... many, like me, have seen his name all over the place. If you do not know who he is then odds are you have definately seen him in something in the last 7 years.





Well, me and my good friend Chloe stayed up late watching Family Guy this evening. After she went back upstairs to her own flat, I decided to check my google-reader before hitting the pillow; it was there that I saw Spoiler TV post a sneak-peek of next week's episode of Supernaural. Now this episode is the last before a small mid-season hiatus, so it's gonna be huge!! And none other than Mark Sheppard himself was in the clip.

I wouldn't say I am a huge fan of his. He just happens to pop up in most of my favourite television shows. In Firefly, he played Badger, a wonderful shady character that Nathan Fillion's Mal Reynolds often gets involved with. In BSG he played Romo Lampkin, one of my favourite characters on the show. It was not until I took a look at his biography that I found he has guested in so many great shows over the years:

  • The X-Files
  • Sliders
  • Star Trek: Voyager
  • JAG
  • Charmed
  • Firefly
  • Murder She Wrote
  • Las Vegas
  • CSI:NY
  • 24
  • Medium
  • Bionic Woman (remake)
  • Shark
  • NCIS
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Dollhouse
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
  • and, of course, Supernatural
The reason I am writing this is because I think the bloke is awesome!! He always plays the shady ones. I'll admit that I haven't seen all in the above list, but the ones I have seen, he definitely stole the show. I am not sure whether or not Mr Sheppard should have his own series, but I will say that he should keep up the good work, because and episode of any television show with him in it, no matter how bad a show, should always be viewed just for his presence.

Unfortunately youtube has failed me in looking up his scenes. But hopefully, when you look back on your favourite shows, you can see that he is everywhere, and hopefully will be in days to come.