Thursday, December 31, 2009

Amy's Christmas Crackers - Gay Trekkies


My Mum got me the Little Britain Series 1-3 boxset for Christmas and I have only just had a chance to start it. I had the first series knocking about somewhere but it was a knock-off and I lost it so it was refreshing to see these characters growing from their inital conception to the people that have become cultural icons in British Comedy.

I was in a really bad mood (for some reason, I hate New Year!) and so I lay on the sofa with a blanket and a cuppa (both appropriately and coincidentally in my Little Britain mug) and clicked "Play All" on the DVD menu and a few episodes in I saw the Daffyd "I'm the only gay in th village" Thomas talking about gay trekkies!!

Its funny, as Little Britain always is and I do not get why I do not remember this. Maybe it was his comment about DS9 that forced me to erase it from my mind because of my pure love for both shows. Matt Lucas is one of my favourite people in the entire world. (See some of his Shooting Stars stuff here).

Anyway Trekkies and comedy fans alike... ENJOY!!!