Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bloody Nerves...

At exactly 10AM GMT this morning I have a live TV assessment. Basically we have to record our show without any interruptions as if it were live. It is currently 8AM and I am starting to feel the nerves. So I decided to reassure myself with what me and may group made last year. The assessment was to make a TV show that was a children's factual program that was about anywhere in the world except for England.



So, it isn't great (so yeah I screwed up with a camera shot towards the end! boo-fucking-hoo!!)! But we were proud of it! When I did that one, we rehearsed it so many times that I didn't need my camera cards. But for the one we are doing today, we have so much set to put out that rehearsal time has been severely limited. Hopefully we can get a little rehearsal in before the designated recording time of 11AM; it would certainly help settle my nerves...




But then I remembered something: the production value this time round is much higher. The budget is bigger (with each member of the group giving £11 each) and because we are the only group having their assessment today, we get first choice of the set!! When we did Jambo, we though it was fantastic. It looks kinda tacky now when we have found proper props to use rather than a papier mache mountain!!

You probably thought you will get "Amy's Words of Wisdom" about nerves when you started reading this. Sorry to disappoint you; I just wanted to let off some steam. But some reassurances will be welcomed! My twitter is...

lolz!!