- Number of visitors - 250,000.
- Meters of temporary flooring - 3,190 metres (over two miles!!).
- Number of local stalls - 115
- Number of stalls overall - Over 300.
- Number of coaches visiting the 2004 event - 799.
- The number of cars using the Park and Ride service - 9436.
- Number of electric sockets installed especially - 498.
- Hours taken to install all the electrics - 830.
- The number of Reindeer' on the Santa's Express ride - 8.
- Number of days spent organising - 365!!! (a whole year).
- It's the 25th Christmas Market in 2006, which is a huge achievement.
- The Lincoln Christmas Market began in 1982 with just 14 stalls.
- About 30,000 leaflets are distributed to let people know about the market.
- The market generates around £10 million for the local economy.
- It is one of the biggest of its kind in Europe.
- There will be several new stores this year.
- The Lincoln Christmas Market takes its inspiration from its German twin-town of Neustadt an der Weinstrasse.
Last year I went absolutely wild and bought some amazing things including lots of beer (3 different breweries were there, 3!!!), german biscuits, different types of odd cheeses, toys for my baby sister (which she loved!!).
It is truly an amazing experience. And in the wake of this weekend's market, in which my family will be visiting me (which is a treat in itself, haven't seen them for months!) and go to the market, I thought I'd plug it for everyone else!! So if anyone just happens to be near Lincoln during the first weekend of december, you must go!!!
I have said my piece!