Saturday, December 19, 2009

Why I think Mark Hughes shouldn't leave City!!!


I am still buzzing from the excitement of the football (City won, United and Liverpool lost). I am a big fan of Mark Hughes. I hated him when he got the job because of the United connection but I was slowly won over by him mainly because of the fact that the last match I went to, before the Sheikh Mansour takeover, we won 3-0 and it was magnificent!!

This season hasn't been great. But not terrible! Yes, we have drawn 8 of the last 10 but at the end of the day, 8 points are better than 0!!! But our defence is lacking. So, here are my points:
  • It is my personal opinion that Hughes has spent very wisely. Shay Given (easily the best signing!), Craig Bellamy, Shaun Wright Phillips, Vincent Kompany (I went to his debut match!), Kolo Toure, Gareth Barry and Nigel De Jong have been fine additions to a squad that lacked team work. (not too keen on Lescott. Do you think Everton will buy him back off us?)
  • Despite our lack of defence (ironic considering that there was once a time when we had the best defence around), our attacking power is at a new height. Craig Bellamy and others including Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz and Emmanuel Adebayor have scored amazing goals!!
  • While Manchester United have already lost 5 this season City have only lost 2. 2!!!!  I watched both of those matches on the telly. One of them (0-3 against Spurs) was one of the worst matches I have ever seen. The other (a 4-3 loss against Manchester United), despite the loss or 2/3 points is still one of the greatest matches I have ever seen in my 20 years of living. It was thrilling from start to end and also established City as a dominant force to break into the top four. In previous seasons, City have has this annoying trait of not being able to make a comeback. They will fall behind and stay behind. But not anymore. The match against Chelsea also proved that!
  • And, listening to the discussion about it on Soccer Saturday (Jeff Stelling is the most awesome bloke on Sky Sports News!) none of them think that Hughes should go. This is enough for me to say that he shouldn't go!


    I have said my piece. Please comment if you think there is another reason he should stay, or even if you have an arguement against it!. I am in the mood for a good tiff!!!