Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The End Of The World As We Know It. Well, Lincoln Anyway...



You know that movie? You know, adapted from the book by that King bloke and directed by that Shawshank fella! The one with all those horrid monsters hiding in the mist and killing the peoples of the Earth with that horrid woman preaching about how the human race deserved it! And then it had one of the most depressing endings in the history of cinema! It'll come to me... :P



For now, I would like you to take a look at the lovely picture of my local cinema, with Lincoln Cathedral in the background. I love this picture. And as I walked to class at 8:50am (yes I know I'm a student and I should be sleeping, but I really do love my Multi-Camera class), I walked out of my block of flats to horrendous cold. Great! I picked a fantastic day to wear my favourite shoes, which are dollies btw, with no socks and to have my hair in a way so that I can't wear my ultra cool hat! According to my iPod Touch it is -1!!!  Bloody Hell.... Anyway, I waited patiently for the train to pass at the level crossing. I always seem to time my journeys around this city so that a bloody train needs to pass every single time I go out. It drives me bonkers. Then I walked up the path to the University building which runs along Brayford Pool. This is around the area where this picture was taken. And you know what? I couldn't see a thing! All this bloody fog!

As I watched the various swans, geese and birds coming in and out of the fog I thought to myself "oh dear, is this the end of the world?". I meant this purely as a funny thing which I unfortunately could not share with anyone since no one turned up at the bloody class. It must start up again next week! Grrrr!

Ah! Its The Mist!!! I loved that film. And today's weather conditions reminded me of this. I just hope that it clears up because I want to go to Lidl later and I really do not fancy walking around in this. So nothing exciting! Just thought I'd warn you that if no blog posts pop up on your bookmarking thingy-majig then it is probably because of the mysterious mist...