Saturday, January 09, 2010

Kick-Ass Trailer




Today hasn't been great. Not saying that crap things have happened but lack of football due to the icy conditions and lack of general interesting things happening today meant that I have spent most of my Saturday bored out of my mind! Then the wonderful Empire Online popped up on my google reader with a new trailer for Kick-Ass.


I have never read the comic book. But I have been keeping an eye on this film so to speak because of the people involved. Director Matthew Vaughn has only made 2 movies before this: Stardust and Layer Cake. I love both of them and think that he is a very competent director. Nicolas Cage seems to be making is way back onto the "respected" list and Mark Strong is a favourite of mine (funnily enough he was also in Stardust). But the cherry on the cake for me has to be Aaron Johnson. I'm love with the bloke. He played Robbie in Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging, an adaptation of the first 2 books of the Georgia Nicolson Collection. These books were my teenage bible. I read them over and over again. And while the film didnt live up to the books they had the effect of you wanting to switch off the DVD because of all the screaming teenage girls in the movie. But by the end, you are won over by the heart of it. See the trailer for that movie here, I highly recommend it. Unfortunately Mr Johnson is making the headlines for reasons that do not include his filmographyBut this isn't about Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging! This is about Kick-Ass!!! And the trailer looks bloody awesome!





Could this be the surprise hit of 2010? I do know that the film had trouble finding a distributor because it is a comic-book film with lots of violence that is rated R in the US, which I can understand really because these types tend to be family films. Luckily Lionsgate came to the rescue. I hate to say this but it really does look... Kick-Ass :P So what do we all think?