Saturday, May 14, 2011

City Till I Die...


I have been a fan of Manchester City for as long as I can remember. I went to my first match when I was 7. We lost 2-1 against Norwich, but I remember it well!

When we got taken over in 2008 I was worried that winning something wouldn't feel right. It was, at the end of the day, bought. Yes we worked hard towards it but at the end of the day we bought our way there. And you know what? I don't care! Today we won the FA Cup... today we ended our 35 year trophy-drought... today... we made history!

My Dad says he's amazed I stayed a fan for as long as I did, especially with what they put us through in the late 90s. But It's times like the 1999 Play-Off Final and 2000 Promotion at Ewood Park that make me love football, no matter how high City are.

I say that, but I'm pretty fucking pleased they're high! Now I'm off to get more booze...