Tuesday, November 22, 2011

FTV #1 - Rolling...

Camera 1 - with autocue. These HD cameras are newly installed in the television studio.  We are the only |University in the country to have 4 of these.

It has been a good while since I posted on here. I have decided to start posting my filmy stuff on here. So here goes...

Basically, I'm in my 3rd year of FTV+E (Film, Television and English) and we have to make a 30 minute film by the end of the year, with 10 minutes handed in by 12th December. My roles for this term are: Set designer, Head Editor and Camera. A good challenge!

At the beginning of the term we decided on a story: a young girl who feels neglected by her family falls in with a punk crowd in 1970s Britain at the height of Jubilee hype. It was very tricky because we had to be very careful with props and set design. I love a challenge but next time I might just try and stick to present and/or futuristic storylines :P

Set

A few weeks ago we started painting the flats.























After painting them we decided to paper them and put dado rails on them as well as skirting boards. The skirting boards were cheap lino-like panels from Poundland. Attention to detail is important. As is minimal spending :P


Today we filmed the bulk of our scenes. Time was against us. Basically, we were running out of time on how long we could have the flats (walls to you) because the second-years needed them. Also, an actor playing the role of the father of the girl could only devote time before Christmas and not after. More pressure! We got together at 8am this morning and finished at 5:30pm. Long day (not helped by the fact I had to work until 7:30pm! oh wells!)

Hallway Set being looked at by our Director

Living Room Set






It was a long day and we managed to get pretty much all of the downstairs-interior house scenes filmed. I am very excited for this project and can't wait to show off more developments :)